The original protocols were developed by the “Return to Square Dancing” committee in the summer of 2021 as the club planned to return to dancing indoors that September. When the club experienced its first exposure in January 2022, the protocols were updated by the board of directors. Now, one year later, the protocols were reviewed by the membership at its Annual Meeting on January 7.
Highlights of this review include:
- A majority of members want a 2nd booster, which is the bivalent type, to be required
- A majority of members want the liability waiver to be signed
- A majority of members want masks to be worn
- Almost everyone wants the food restriction to be dropped
- A majority of members wanted the notification of potential exposure to go to all members, not just those at the event where exposure may have occurred
- Almost everyone expects the protocols to be enforced fully, not selectively.
The additional bivalent booster will be required as of March 1. If you still need to get yours, make plans now so you don’t miss a club night!
HEALTH & SAFETY PROTOCOLS (updated 2023 Jan 07)
- All dancers/guests must provide proof of full vaccination with the second shot AT LEAST 2 weeks prior to dancing for the 2 dose Moderna and Pfizer vaccines or for the one shot for Johnson & Johnson, and two additional booster shots, which includes the bivalent (omicron) variant.
- All dancers/guests must sign the Covid liability waiver prior to dancing/interacting with others. The waiver provides contact info for the purposes of contact tracing should it be necessary.
- Masks must be worn at ALL TIMES SQUARES events while indoors. Extra masks will be provided in case you forgot yours. Double masking is suggested, but make your own decision.
- Frequent hand washing and/or sanitizing is required between tips. Sanitizer will be provided. Gloves are optional; bring your own.
- If you are feeling ill, with ANY of the common Covid symptoms – fever, headache, body aches, sinus issues, loss of taste/smell) – please do not attend as you may infect others even if they are fully vaccinated. A link to the CDC website provides more detailed information about symptoms: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
- In the case that someone tests positive for COVID-19 after attending a TIMES SQUARES event, that person should immediately notify any board member. The board will contact those in attendance, by email, and recommend they get tested and quarantine according to current CDC guidelines. https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/s1227-isolation-quarantine-guidance.html
WAIVER OF LIABILITY & PROOF OF VACCINATION
All attendees, whether dancers or guests, must sign a waiver of liability and provide proof of vaccination (including booster) before entering the dance space. You can do both of these tasks easily online by clicking this form: https://form.jotform.com/212317288877164