At long last, we will return to our beloved dance venue, PS.3, on Tuesday, September 14. Have you been counting the days since we were last there on March 10, 2020? Yes, the COVID-19 pandemic continues to plague the world, but with intentional precautions we can resume our activity safely indoors.
Tom Miller will be calling remotely through a Zoom link, and we will be using our new sound system that we received from our participation with the HBO Max series “How To with John Wilson”.
Doors open at 6:30pm, and dancing will start at 7:00pm. Mainstream and Plus, with Advanced star tips based on who shows up. Don’t be worried about being a bit rusty. Just have a good time.
This is a free event! Of course, donations will be accepted.
HEALTH & SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- All dancers/guests must provide proof of full vaccination with the second shot AT LEAST 2 weeks prior to dance for the 2 dose Moderna and Pfizer vaccines or for the one shot for Johnson & Johnson.
- All dancer/guests must sign the Covid liability waiver prior to dancing/interacting with others.
- All dancers/guests must sign in providing contact info for the purposes of contact tracing should it be necessary.
- Masks must be worn at ALL TIMES while indoors. Extra masks will be provided in case you forgot yours.
- Frequent hand washing and/or sanitizing is required between tips. Sanitizer will be provided. Gloves are optional; bring your own.
- Communal snacks WILL NOT be provided. Bring your own water/drink/snacks. Sharing is discouraged, but make your own decision.
- Please maintain social distancing as you socialize between tips as this will reduce risk of exposure.
- If you are feeling ill, with ANY of the common Covid symptoms – fever, headache, body aches, sinus issues, loss of taste/smell) – please do not attend as you may infect others even if they are fully vaccinated. A link to the CDC website provides more detailed information about symptoms https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
WAIVER OF LIABILITY & PROOF OF VACCINATION
All attendees, whether dancers or guests, must sign a waiver of liability and provide proof of vaccination before entering the dance space. You can do both of these tasks easily online by clicking this form: https://form.jotform.com/212317288877164
You may also view and print a PDF version of the waiver and bring it with you to the dance, along with your proof of vaccination..
Following this inaugural event, plans have been made to resume our old schedule of dancing at PS.3. Mainstream/Plus on Tuesdays and Advanced/Challeng1 on Thursdays; starting Sept 21 and 30 respectively. Public health policies will be monitored and this schedule may be subject to change.
Many thanks to all those who volunteered their time and resources to the Return to Square Dancing Committee over the past seven months: Bob Bauer, Gabriel Rivas, Jim Babcock, Jonatahn Uejio, Kim Norland, Marshall Butow, Michael Coan, Nadine Posner, Ray Emrich, Shep Wahnon, Steve Thaler, Susan Gill, William Carr.